IconCaptcha is a self-hosted captcha which is faster, more user-friendly and more customizable than other captchas - available for PHP and ASP.NET websites. Users no longer have to read any annoying text images, solve difficult math equations or play any puzzle games. IconCaptcha is simple: Compare up to 8 icons and select the icon type show the least amount of times. Really, it's that simple.
- User Friendly: The captcha uses easily understandable images instead of hard to read texts to complete the captcha.
- Server-side Validation: validation done by the captcha will be performed on the server-side instead of the client-side.
- Self Hosted: Because IconCaptcha is a self-hosted plugin, you are not relying on any third party.
- No Data Sharing: Unlike captchas such as Google ReCaptcha, no user data will be stored or sold to third parties.
- Modern Design: The look and feel of IconCaptcha fits every modern website design.
- Events: Events are triggered at various points in the code, allowing you to hook into them and execute custom code if necessary.
- Themes: the design of the captcha without having to ever touch a stylesheet, or create your own custom theme.
- SASS: The project contains a SASS file, allowing you to easily style and compile the stylesheet.
- IE 10+ Support: IconCaptcha has been tested in Internet Explorer 10 & 11 and is functional in both versions.
New in version 3:
In version 3, the plugin got a complete overhaul - both to the client-side and server-side. With better security features, more customizations, new themes, no more jQuery dependency and 180 new icons, version 3 really is the biggest change to IconCaptcha yet.
- - No longer required to use jQuery, although IconCaptcha can still be used with jQuery.
- - More captcha image generation options to increase the difficulty.
- - Automatic captcha invalidation after a period of time with no user interaction.
- - Automatic timeouts when too many incorrect selections were made by the user.
- - New light and dark themes with more modern designs, with improved support for custom themes .
- - Includes 180 new modern icons.
- - Better stability, general code improvements and bug fixes.
The icons used in this project are made by Streamline.
Down below two instances of the IconCaptcha have been loaded: One with the default light theme and the other with the default dark theme. Custom themes can be added very easily as well if the default themes don't fit well with your website design. Instructions on how to do so can be found on the README page of the GitHub repositories.
All by default available themes are: light, dark, legacy-light, legacy-dark
Note: The demo captchas cannot be submitted, as there is no back-end form to process the requests.
Using the default theme 'light'.
Using the default theme 'dark'.
Use the buttons down below to download IconCaptcha for either PHP or ASP.NET websites. Instructions on how to properly install and set-up the plugin can be found on the GitHub pages, which will be linked to below the download buttons.
Please be so kind to star the GitHub repos, or consider buying me a coffee to support the project.
- PHP version: >= 5.6
- PHP extensions: GD must be enabled.
- Front-End Package: Download (latest)
Optional: (only when using the jQuery implementation)
- jQuery: >= 1.12.3 (recommeded to use latest version)
SonarCloud Quality Checks: